Integral Members have developed a joint communications and operations Disaster Response Process. This process outlines what Integral Members will do together in a disaster response. "This process will enable us as Integral to respond to so many more disasters – those that are large and small, those with high and low media profile, and those that are rapid and slow in onset." says Fiona Boshoff, International Director, Integral Alliance.
The Integral Disaster Response Process uses a web-based platform to enable Members to easily share information with each other, such as photos, stories and other media information, or assessments and proposals, as well as to work on documents collaboratively.
We believe that more people in need will be helped if relief and development agencies combine their resources, and put their Christian faith into action by working together.
We want to be more:
- EFFECTIVE – working together to ensure we can serve as many people as possible when disaster strikes
- EFFICIENT – co-ordinating our response and ensuring our combined resources are used well
- COLLABORATIVE - accessing more funding and using our networks to target where it is most needed, particularly in hidden and forgotten emergencies.
The Integral Disaster Response Process is a shared mechanism integrating communications and operations.
The process outlines what Integral Members will do together in a disaster response.
When a disaster occurs any Member can send an ‘Alert E-mail’ to all Members.
An Integral response begins if these criteria are met:
- More than two Members plan to be involved in the disaster.
- Good fit with Integral’s strategy of focussing on more vulnerable countries. Unmet needs that Integral Members can meet.
Integral Members work in over 90 countries through more than 740 partners.
We are well placed to respond to disasters around the world, including the hidden disasters that don’t hit the headlines.
The Integral Disaster Response process includes twelve defined steps. Access a timeline here.